Wednesday, December 16, 2009

American Tone Poems Torrent What Is The Tone Of This Poem..."Theme For English B"?

What is the tone of this poem..."Theme for English B"? - american tone poems torrent

By Langston Hughes
The teacher said:
Go home and write
Page tonight.
And this site is for you ---
While it is true.
I wonder if it's that simple?
'm twenty-two, colored, born in Winston-Salem.
I went to school, Durham, then here
at this university on the hill above Harlem.
I am the only colored student in my class.
The steps down the hill in Harlem
in a park, then the cross of Saint-Nicolas
The Eighth Avenue, Seventh, and I come to the Y,
The Harlem Branch Y, where the elevator
in my room, sit down and write this page:
It is not easy to know what is true for you and me
twenty-two, my age. But I think I am what I
I'm sorry to see and hear, Harlem, I hear:
Listen, you hear me --- we two --- you, I speak on this page.
(I listen to New York.) Me --- who?
Well, I eat, sleep, drink and live in love.
I enjoy working, reading, learning and understanding life.
I like a pipe for a Christmas present,
orRecords --- Bessie, the balance of payments or Bach.
I think the color does not make me like
the same things that other people are like other breeds.
So my page will be colored that I write?
I myself to be, do not know.
But it will
a part of you, instructor.
You are white ---
But part of me, as I am a part of you.
That America.
Sometimes you may not want to be a part of me. "
I often want to be a part of you.
But we are, it's true!
How can I learn from you,
I think I learn from me ---
when she is older and knows --- ---
and a little more freely.

This is my page for English B.
1951

No comments:

Post a Comment